“BHS is in a time of transformation. We are working to become the school that our vision calls us to be—where ALL students will graduate, prepared for, confident in, and excited about the futures they choose. The Success Fund gives us the additional and sustainable resources to do so.”– Anne Erwin, Beaverton High School principal.
With the guiding principle to enrich the educational experience and set all Beaverton High students up for success, Success Fund priority investments are focused on four major areas:
- Enrich the academic experience for ALL students.
- Increase participation in challenging coursework.
- Expand and modernize curricular offerings to provide rich, diverse experiences.
- Provide venues for students to explore college and career opportunities.
- Provide a well-rounded arts and culture foundation.
- Enrich the experience and expertise of the BHS faculty and staff.
- Engage community partners in helping support academic programs.
- Create equitable opportunities for ALL students.
- Provide access to financial support to help ensure students can fully engage in academic, athletic, and extra-curricular activities and advanced placement opportunities.
- Enlist adult participation and mentorship to ensure successful outcomes.
- Support and provide assistance to help meet the needs of displaced, homeless students.
- Encourage stronger participation with parents and families.
- Increase access to technology in the classroom.
- Foster teacher expertise in the use of technology as a tool for instruction.
- Create 21st century learning spaces.
- Eliminate technology gaps to enrich the educational experience for all students.
- Improve the function and appearance of the school.
- Create welcoming student and community spaces.
- Foster school pride throughout the school grounds.